You can know about the Best app that can be used on your FireStick device to access content like Live TV, Shows, sports and other entertainment. In this article, you can find apps that are all compatible with the FireStick device and works well with yoru Fire TV remote.
What are you waiting for? read this article and know the best app for your firestick and enjoy watching the content offered by the app for free or by subscribing.
What are FireStick Apps?
The apps that can be installed on your FireStick device and are compatible with it are called FireStick apps. Some can be directly downloaded from the Amazon App store and some needs to be sideloaded on the device.
What are The Best FireStick Apps?
Want to download and use the best apps for your FireStick device. Some of the apps that can be installed on your FireStick are given here.
Amazon Fire TV:
This Free Fire OS-supported app can be used to access apps and games on your FireStick device. The features of this app are,
- Voice Search
- Easy Navigation
- Control Playback
- Virtual Keyboard
- Quick access
With the Amazon Fire TV app, you can easily navigate through your FireStick device and access all the contents available on the device.
Download Prime Video on FireStick from the Amazon App store and watch excluding movies, TV shows and Amazon originals along with on-demand content. Since all the products are from Amazon, the Prime Vidoe app is the best app you can have on your FireStick.
To access the prime video you do not need an Amazon Prime membership and can rent your favourite content and watch them on your FireTV.The subscription charges for Prime Video are,
- Prime Video – $8.99/month
- Prime Monthly – $12.99/month
- Annual – $119/year
- EBT/Medicaid – $5.99/month
- Prime Student – $6.49/month and $59/year
With an additional charger, you can get add-ons and extra channels like HBO, Showtime and Starz.
There are some apps that can help you to sideload third-party apps to your FireStick device by using the URL of the app from a reliable source. Downloader app is one such app available on the Amazon App store and can be downloaded easily on your FireStick device.
The Downloader app uses a built-in web browser to downlaod apps from the URL you have provided.
ES File Explorer App:
ES File Explorer is a free local and network file manager. You can also sideload apps not available on Amazon App Store to your FireStick. Similar to the Downloader app you can use the URL of the app you want from a reliable source and use it to download the app.
Some of the features of the ES File Explorer App are,
- File Management
- Multimedia browsing
- Cloud Storage
- Local and Network management
- Local and web management
- Bluetooth support.
Freevee is a premium free streaming service from Amazon where you can watch moves, TV shows, Freevee originals and live entertainment channels. It can be downloaded onto your FireStick device by downloading it from Amazon App Store.
This open-source multimedia player can be downloaded on your FireStick device to access local media. Some of the features of VLC Player are,
- Supports all formats along with MKV, MP$, AVI, MOV, Ogg, etc.
- Has library for audio and video files
- It has auto rotation and aspect ratio settings.
The VLC player can be downloaded from Amazon App Store for free.
The MX Player app is free to download on FireStick devices from Amazon App Store. Similar to VLC Player, MX Player can also access the local media files on yoru device. The features offered by it are,
- Hardware Acceleration
- Multi-Core decoding
- Easy Zoom and Pan
- Access to external storage
Watch your favourite movie on FireStick using the MX media player for good quality.
The SO Player app is not available on Amazon App Store, but you can get it on your FireStick by sideloading it using the Downloader or ES File Explorer app.
SO Player is an IPTV Player by which you integrate any IPTV provider with SO Player on FireStick and use it to watch your favourite content offered by the IPTV service provider you have connected to your SO Player. Some of the features of SO Player are,
- Multiple Playlist support
- easy to use interface.
- Recording starts with the scheduled time
- Parental control
- Sleep Timer.
- Comes with Electric Program Guide (EPG) support.
The only thing you need to have to get SO Player on Firestick is to have the App URL from a reliable source.
The official video player of Terrarium TV is YES Player and it can work on FireStick, but not available in Amazon App Store. The only way to get YES Player on FireStick is by sideloading it with the help of the Downloader and ES File Explorer app using the URL of the app from a secure source.
Using YES Player you can watch live streams on your FireTV.
The DIRECTV app can be downloaded onto your FireStick from Amazon App Store. DIRECTV offers you a lot of your favourite channels and TV packages for a considerable price. You need to pay for your subscription. The plans offered are,
- Entertainment – $54.99/month+taxes
- Choice – $74.99/month+taxes
- Ultimate – $89.99/month+taxes
- Premier – $134.99/month+taxes
The Peacock Streaming service can be downloaded onto your FireStick device from the Amazon App Store and used to watch hundreds of movies, TV series and shows. It comes with subscription charges with plans,
- Premium – $4.99/month
- Premium Plus (no ads) – $9.99/month
The features offered by the Peacock app on FireStick are,
- Dailey News and Sports
- Kid’s shows and movies
- Top moves and TV shows.
The AT&T U-verse app is free to download from Amazon App Store on your FireStick. You can watch content like,
- Live TV
The subscription plans offered by the U-verse app are,
- Entertainment – $69.99/month+tax
- Choice Package – $84.99/month+tax
You can also get AT&T through DIRECTV STREAM and watch live local and national channels along with a cloud DVR Storage with every subscription plan.
The latest Fubo TV app version on 4.64.0 comes with bug fixes and improvements. By downloading Fubo TV from Amazon App Store on yoru FireStick for free you can watch,
- Premier League
and more on your Fire TV. The features of this app are,
- On-demand 4K Sports
- 30hrs DVR Storage
- 100+ live Channels
- Free on-demand TV shows and movies.
The subscription charger of the Fubo TV app is,
- Pro – $69.99/month
- Elite – $79.99/month
- Latino – $32.99/month
With Sing TV on your FireStick you can watch live news, sports and shows, moves and more for less subscription. You can also access local channels for free, and channels like
Sling offers its customers three plans which are, Sling
- Orange – $35/month
- Blue – $35/month
- Orange+Blue – $50/month
By subscribing to any of the plans you can access Sling TV on FireStick by downloading the app from Amazon App Store.
Enjoy watching on-demand shows and moves on your Fire TV by downloading the Spectrum TV app on your FireStick device. It is free to download and comes with a subscription to access the content provided. The main feature of this app is,
- With a connection, you can stream anywhere.
- You can also cast the app on your TV
- Search can be done by using the categories
- Can record shows on DVR.
The subscription plans offered by the Spectrum TV app on FireStick are,
- Select (128+ Channels) – $49.99/month
- Silver (175+ Channels) – $69.99/month
- Gold (200+ Channels) – $89.99/month
With Philo on your FireStick, you can Live and on-demand content with unlimited recording and saved shows. Philo comes with features like,
- 60+ top channels
- Unlimited DVR Storage
- You can create up to 10 profiles
- Easy accessibility over interfaces.
The subscription package for Philo is only $25/month and you can also get a free trial.
Hulu when downloaded and subscribed to, on your FireStick you can enjoy the features offered by Hulu like,
- Access to a large content library with constant updates.
- Watch 50+ On-demand and live channels
- You can personalize your Hulu account.
- Premium networks like SHOWTIME, Cinemax and HBO.
To enjoy all the features offered by Hulu you need to subscribe to any one of the plans offered by Hulu like,
- Hulu – $6.99/month or $69.99/year
- Hulu(no ads) – $12.99/month
and some plans come with live TV and bundle up with other streaming services like the,
- Hulu+Live TV with Disney+ and EXPN+ – $69.99/month
- Hulu(no ads)+Live TV with Disney+ and EXPN+ – $75.99/month
Eligible students can subscribe to Hulu(with ads) for just $1.99/month.
Hulu also comes with Add-ons which you can add to any basic plan you have subscribed with. The Add-ons offered are,
- HBO Max – $14.99/month
- Cinemax – $9.99/month
- SHOWTIME – $10.99/month
- STARZ – $8.99/month
Live TV Add-ons: (can be added to Live TV subscription only)
- Espanol – $4.99/month
- Entertainment – $7.99/month
- Sports – $9.99/month
- Unlimited Screens – $9.99/month
Downlaod Hulu from Amazon App Store onto your FireStick device and access all the contents and features offered by Hulu.
With YouTube TV on FireStick, you can enjoy features like,
- Live TV without cable.
- 85+ channels
- Watch local sports, news and top broadcast and cable networks.
- DVR storage is unlimited and can be used for free.
- You can use it on 6 accounts
- It has a monthly pay-as-you-go membership.
YouTube TV comes with a subscription fee of $64.99/month.
You can download the premium streaming app, HBO Max on your FireStick device and enjoy watching its content on your Fire TV. The feature offered by HBO Max is
- Watch movies, TV series, and Max Originals.
- Contents hand-picked by experts for you.
- Comes with parental controls.
- Download and watch content offline.
- Can use up to five profiles.
The contents offered by HBO Max vary with the region you use.
The subscription cost for HBO Max is,
- With ads – $9.99/month
- Ad-free – $14.99/month
By subscribing to HBO Max on FireStick you can access all of HBO.
With Disney Plus on FireStick, you can access all the entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic along with original series, movies and classics.
Some of the features of Disney Plus are,
- as-free for premium
- Access to unlimited download.
- Watch it on four screens at once.
- Parental control
- IMax enhances
- Have Original content like series, movies and classics.
If you are to subscribe to Disney Plus alone it costs $6.99/month and when bundled with Hulu and ESPN Plus you have to pay $12.99/month.
With Sky News on FireStick, you can enjoy features that are,
- News on Weather
- Latest headlines
- Live news 24*7
- Breaking news
You can stay informed at all times if you have the Sky News app on your Fire TV. There are no subscription charges and is free to download from the Amazon App Store.
You can access live sports, breaking news and entertainment if you have Paramount Plus on your FireStick device. You can try Paramount Plus on FireTV for just $4.9/month or $49.99/year after using the free trial. Some of its features are,
- Stream in HDR
- Watch Paramount Plus originals
- Stream Live TV
- Only one user has access.
- Watch Paramount Plus with premium audio.
To get Paramount Plus on yoru FireTV all you need to do is visit the Amazon App Store and then search and download the app. After that log in with your credentials and pay for the subscription and access all it’s content.
You can get access to Pluto TV’s news and sports with more than 100+ channels. Pluto TV has a large content library with which you can access thousands of movies and series. The features of Pluto TV are,
- 100+ HD channels
- Access to VOD
- Supported on FireStick
- 24/7 customer support.
You can access Pluto TV by subscribing to any of its plans. that is,
- Pluto TV (Ads) – $4.99/month
- Pluto TV (no Ads) – $9.99/month
The latest version 6.70.0 of ESPN for FireStick comes with bug fixes and optimizations. You can now stream your favourite games live and can also get scores and listen to podcasts. Some of the other features are,
- You can follow only your favourite team
- Access to scores and updates
- Customize yoru favourite team easily.
- Live stream on ESPN and ESPN+
Subscription plans on ESPN are,
- Monthly – $6.99/month
- Annual – $69.99/month
- With Disney Bundle – $13.99/month
With FOX Sports on your FireStick, you can follow your favourite team, league or players had had up-to-date news and highlights with personalized feeds. Some of the app features are,
- You can watch your favourite team play on Live TV.
- Get scores of your team any time anywhere
- You can also place bets on yoru favourite team.
- With FOX Sports you can stream PPV events
- You can have a personalized playlist.
You can use FOX Sports for free at no cost and enjoy watching your favourite sport on your Fire TV.
Plex offers entertainment for free on your FireStick. All you have to do is download it from Amazon App Store and have access to stream free movies, shows and channels along with Live TV without any subscription. Even though it is free, Plex also comes with features like,
- Free Movies and TV Shows.
- 80+ free channels with live programs
- Organized personal media
- Access to local news in the US.
You can watch Live TV and On-demand content on FX NOW. The FX NOW app can be downloaded on your FireStick device and you can access features like,
- Watching Live TV of your favourite shows.
- Create a free FX account.
- ON Demand movies
The subscription charges for FX NOW are,
The NBC Sports app works well with Amazon Fire TV devices, By downloading the app on your FireStick device you can access its features like,
- Watching Live events
- Access to on-demand videos.
- Replay the full event you want to watch.
- Extra content along with alternate camera angles.
With Bally Sports, you can stream live and local MLB, NBA, NHL and more. To use Bally Sports on FireStick you need to sign in with your TV provider credentials. The App is free to download and use on your FireStick device.
Without a cable, satellite or subscription you can access Bally Sports. To live Stream you may need a DIRECTV STREAM credential.
Watch the latest episodes of CBS shows for free and stream anytime sign in with your cable provider credential to stream Live TV and access local CBS stations with live news, sports and entertainment. Some of the features of CBS are,
- No subscription is required.
- The latest episodes are available on the next day itself for streaming.
- To stream live you need to access it with your cable provider.
Watch your favourite HGTV shows anytime, anywhere with the HGTV GO apps along with networks like TLC, Food Network, ID, Discovery and more you can access it for free with your TV subscription. You can download it on your FireStick and enjoy its features like,
- Log in with your TV provider credential to access the live stream
- Favourite shows and seasons for free.
- Find your favourite shows under the genres.
- Continue watching from where you left.
- Add a show to watch later on My list.
With the Watch TNT app on your FireStick, you can watch movies and episodes of TNT original series and live sports easily with the credential of your TV provider. With the Watch TNT app, you can access,
- Live TV
- Live Sports
- TNT original shows.
- Supports TV providers like AT&T TV and Spectrum.
With no subscription charger, the Vudu app gives access to movies and TV shows and Streams 4K UHD, with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos audio on select devices. You can download it on FireStick through Amazon App Store and enjoy watching its contents on Fire TV. The key features of VUDU are,
- Library with 150,000 Movies and TV shows
- There is no subscription
- 4K UHD quality contents
- Download and watch content offline.
With the Xfinity Stream app, you can watch 200+ channels and live TV. To download the app on your firestick you need to go to the Amazon App Store. Some of the features of the Xfinity Stream app are,
- 200+ Live TV channels
- DVR recordings with schedules.
- Thousand of movies and on-demand content.
- Download and watch content offline.
With Spotify on your FireStick device, you can get access to music where you can listen to music from various artists and albums. You can also create a playlist with your favourite songs. The app is free to download on FireStick and also free to use but it comes with a lot of ads. You need to subscribe to remove ads.
The Spotify subscription plans are,
- Individual – $9.99/month
- Duo – $12.99/month
- Family – $15.99/month
- Student – $4.99/month
With Crunchyroll, you can stream the world’s largest anime library. with over anime titles past seasons to latest episodes fresh from Japan, along with Crunchyroll Originals. The premium upgrade comes with,
- no ads
- Episodes straight from japan within one hour.
- Stream up to 6 screens.
The subscription charge to watch anime on Crunchyroll is,
- one month – $9.99/month
- 12 months – $79.99 ($6.66/month)
With the list of the mentioned app on your FireStick you can now enjoy watching live TV, Sports and news and along with entertainment with TV shows, Movies, etc. Some apps come with a subscription plan and some are free to use, but all the mentioned apps can be downloaded for free on your FireStick device from Amazon App Store.
We will be providing you with updates on the latest apps that can be used on FireStick devices, so follow the article at some regular intervals.