To reach the destination that needs to go, we have many ways, such as straight ways and shortcuts, to reach as soon as possible. Like the same, to get anything or do something, we have many ways. We have to choose whether it is a long or short tail. It is precisely applied for streaming also. If you need separate apps for each Content, you can choose the long tail. Or, if you want to watch all your favorite channels in a single app, choose the short tail. From my point of view, short is the best choice. I used to watch BritBox on Google TV to stream my regular streaming channels in this single app.
Google TV is the best device to get all the famous and old-fashioned streaming services. To learn the installation details about BritBox on your Google TV, please refer to this whole article to get the more required information.
BritBox is a famous Online Subscription Video Streaming service. And it is based in the United Kingdom. BBC and ITV are the Founders of this service. Now, the BritBox streaming services are Operated by ITV, BBC, Channel 4, and Channel 5. You can watch all Content from these ventures.
Also, now the BritBox streaming service broadcasts the Originals of BBC, ITV, and some other add-on channels. The few popular Content on BritBox, such as Doctor Who, Hot Fuzz, Rome, Death in Paradise, Love Actually, Ridley, The World’s End, Shetland, and more Past Popular Content, are still streaming on the BritBox platform.
And this service takes place in Over Nine Countries, including the United Kingdom. You can Install the BritBox app on all Streaming devices such as Xbox/ PlayStation, Roku, Samsung TV, Pansonic TV, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and more external devices.
From this article, we are going to see BritBox on Google TV installation and streaming methods. Let’s get into the process.
Can I Get BritBox on Google TV?
Fortunately, the BritBox app is available on Google TV. You can install it directly from the Play Store on Google TV.
The installation procedure and I have mentioned alternative methods to watch the BritBox on Google TV. Check it out in the following portions.
How to Install BritBox on Google TV?
As I said in the above section, you can install the app directly on Google TV. And also learn the alternative methods, which are helpful in emergency times.
- Install BritBox on Google TV.
- Airplay BritBox on Google TV.
- Screencast BritBox app on Google TV.
- Sideload the BritBox app on your Google TV.
So, I am going to let you know the four ways to watch the required streaming service on your Google Chromecast device. Continue reading one by one topic below.
1). Install BritBox on Google TV:
First, we step into the direct installation procedure. Follow the guidelines listed below.
- Connect your Google Chromecast with the TV at the HDMI port.
- Your Google TV must need an Internet connection to stream.
- Turn On the TV and Select your home Wi-Fi connection name.
- Tap the Home option on Google TV remote controller.
- Click on the Google Play Store app to search the app.
- Search and Install BritBox on Google TV.
A few seconds later, the BritBox app is installed on your Google TV. Do you know how to activate BritBox and Stream on your TV? If you want to know, check the following. If still, you can’t install the Chrome browser on Google TV, here is the link provided for you.
The Activation process is most important to stream the videos available on the app.
- https://www.britbox.com/ enter this web address on Web Browser.
- Click the Free Trial tab on the BritBox official site.
- Provide all required details in the given boxes.
- On the next page, you have to Select the Subscription package.
- Input the Payment Details and click Submit Tab.
After the payment is successfull, you have received the mainly from BritBox, and you can use the credentials on BritBox on Google TV.
2). AirPlay BritBox on Google TV:
AirPlay is the function of iOS devices, and you can mirror your iOS device screen to your Google TV screen. Follow the process to watch iOS on Google OS.
#1). Enable AirPlay HomeKit on Google TV:
For the screen mirroring process, you have to Turn On the AirPlay process on Google TV. Here you go.
- Click Home Button on the Google TV remote.
- At the bottom, move right to the screen from the menu.
- Select the Edit option on the Google TV screen.
- Now, Tap the Airplay option from the edit page.
- Check the blue tick is appeared upon the Airplay option after clicking the option.
- Move back to Home Screen and scroll left on display.
- The Airplay option is mentioned first on the list.
- Click on the AirPlay option and Select AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
- Tap on the Airplay option. And it shows the Off option.
- After tapping on the Airplay option, it turns On.
Now, your Google TV accepts Airplay, and you can share the iOS device screen with your Google TV.
#2). AirPlay BritBox screen on Google TV:
Use your iPhone for the AirPlay process. Follow the instructions I have given in the following.
- Bind iPhone and Google TV with the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Open Apple App Store on iPhone.
- Search for BritBox and Install it on your device.
- Launch and Sign In on the BritBox app on iPhone.
- Now, you have to play any content from the app.
- On the video streaming screen, you can see the Airplay icon, which is appeared in the image given below.
- Click on Airplay Icon and Select Google TV name on your iPhone screen.
If your Google TV shows the pop-up window, click on the Allow/Connect option. Now you will successfully Airplay BritBox on Google TV. If your Google TV is not working correctly, you can easily fix it by entering the link.
3). Sideload BritBox on Google TV:
Next, sideloading. Sideloading means getting the selected streaming service apps with the help of third-party apps. You have two methods for sideloading. Let us meet it in the below sections.
1). Turn On Developer Mode and Unknown Sources:
- Go to the Google TV home page and Select the Profile icon.
- Tap the Settings option on your Google TV.
- Now, you have to Select the About option.
- You can see many lists of options on your Google TV screen.
- Keep Tapping on the Android TV OS Build option until Developer Mode gets enabled.
- Get back to Settings and Click the Apps option.
- Choose the Security & Restrictions and Unknown Sources.
- There you can see the toggle. Accent the Downloader app.
- And Click Toggle to Turn it On.
#2). Sideload BritBox on Google TV using Downloader:
If your Google TV does not have the Downloader app, please install it right now and follow the procedures.
- Launch the Downloader app on your Google TV.
- Tap on Allow option for launching the app initially.
- Click the URL bar given on the middle screen of Downloader.
- Here, you have to Input BritBox URL in the given space.
- Press the Go button given under the URL bar.
- To the next process, Tap the Install option on the pop-up screen.
- You will get a Notification after the chosen streaming app is installed on your Google TV.
- Launch the BritBox app on the Google TV display and Sign In with the credentials.
That’s all, this is the Sideloading method, and you have completed the process. Start watching the ITV and BBC content from BritBox on Google TV.
4). Screencast BritBox on Google TV:
The last method on our list. Screencasting is the same as the direct method. Let us do the process.
- Open the Google Play Store app on Android Phone.
- Search for BritBox and Install it on your mobile.
- Open the app and Sign In using authorizations.
- Play any shows or movies on the installed streaming app.
- Go straight to the Control panel of Android and hit the Cast icon.
- Choose the Google TV name on the Android screen.
Your Google TV started mirroring your Android screen on its display. If you still not having a user Account, Sign Up right now and stream all the best content. You can watch the most popular series House of Dragon on Google TV. To know the methods, click the link.
Our Final Notes:
The required streaming app is available on Google TV. Install from the play store and stream the BritBox on Google TV directly. You have a direct method, but also I have given you alternative methods to watch it on your TV. Because at every time your TV is not working properly. At that moment, you can try those alternatives.
Are you interested to learn more about Google TV and the installation of the apps? Click the Smart TV tag I have given at the bottom of this page. In the Smart TV category, you can get more information about the Smart television brands and the installation procedures.