There are always plenty of streaming applications for streaming anime. When you got a habit of watching them on the big screen, you won’t prefer smartphones. But when watching anime online, Crunchyroll is among the handful of apps. It is one of the most extensive anime libraries that offers content in High Definition. Here we discuss three ways to Install and watch Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.
You can watch Crunchyroll on your gaming console too. Being a multi-platform entertainment app, you can cast it on other platforms. That’s when Crunchyroll enrolled it for the Samsung Smart TV. This article will teach you How to Watch Crunchyroll on Samsung Smart TV.
It is a free and premium streaming app with many anime contents in HD. You can subscribe to the premium subscription at $9.99 a month and $7.99 a year to watch anime without ads. You can download the Crunchyroll website from the official website. Crunchyroll supports multi-platform like Android, Windows, iOS, or even the Mac PC. By signing up with your user credentials, you can access every content. Also, Download Cinema HD and watch movies for some entertainment.
Crunchyroll says that its service is, in fact, accessible in more than 200 countries. However, there are some exceptions. Not all Crunchyroll film or show is available in all countries. For various reasons, including streaming license rights that could be different depending on your country.
Can I Watch Crunchyroll for free?
Obviously, Crunchyroll is a free streaming platform that lets you watch its anime content without any subscription required. However, it has both an app and a website, so that you can choose any of them as per your choice. In addition, you can get to access all the library content for free.
Nevertheless, you will get some ad interruptions while streaming its content, and you can stream some episodes later since you are using a free service. In case you want ad-free, and premium service, then choose the valid subscriptions starting from $7.99 a month. It offers simulcasts from one hour before the Japanese broadcast.
Is Crunchyroll on Samsung TV?
Regrettably, you won’t get the Crunchyroll app on your Samsung smart TV. However, you have to alternatively choose to use any streaming device or casting method in order to watch its content on your Samsung TV. So let us discuss the possible methods in the next below subheading.
How to Get Crunchyroll on Samsung TV?
Crunchyroll is one of the best anime apps for Samsung Smart TV, but the thing is, the app is not yet made available on the Samsung App Store, so you cannot download it on your Samsung TV. You can watch content from Crunchyroll on your Samsung Smart TV by following the given below methods.
- Using Plex App
- Cast Crunchyroll app
- Streaming Service Apps
- Streaming Devices
- Gaming Consoles
- Using HDMI adaptors
- Use Chromecast.
- To stream Crunchyroll on Samsung TV by using an Internet Browser.
You may also like to read about Crunchyroll App on LG Smart TV.
1. Get the Plex app:
Plex is also a free streaming service that can be used as an alternative choice to stream media content on your Samsung smart TV. However, Plex allows you to stream various content such as on-demand TV shows, anime, music, movies, etc.
So here are the steps to install the Plex app on your Samsung smart TV in order to stream Crunchyroll content.
- Set up your Samsung TV to high-speed internet access.
- Further, hit the Smart Hub button from your remote, and it will redirect to the Apps menu.
- Then look for the Plex app using the search field and pick the official app to downlaod.
- Now tap on the Install option to get the Plex app on your Samsung smart TV.
- Open the app after completing the installation process, then proceed to sign up.
Note: If you already have an account, then you can skip this step and choose to sign in.
- You must activate your account to connect to your existing account.
- Then register the activation code to activate it, which is shown on your TV screen.
- Now choose Link, then it will merge your Plex account with its app on your Samsung smart TV.
- Finally, get into the Crunchyroll channel to watch your desired anime content without any subscription.
2. Cast the Crunchyroll App on Samsung TV
Since the app can be downloaded onto your Smartphone from the respective app store, you can screencast your smartphone with the app to your Samsung Smart TV screen. Here is a simple screencasting method that is applicable to all models of smartphones. In addition, you might be able to stream to the Samsung Smart TV through Apple AirPlay (2018+ models).
- Get your Smartphone and your Samsung Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Firstly, Download the Crunchyroll app from the official store on your smartphone.
- Secondly, Launch the notification panel of your smartphone, and choose the “Smartview” or “screencast” option. If you are using an iPhone, select the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- Once you give “Smartview” or “Cast,” choose your Samsung TV from the list of available devices.
- After the screen mirroring is done, launch the Crunchyroll app on your smartphone to get it on Samsung TV.
- Now, please tap on the anime content to cast it on the Samsung smart TV.
3. Apple AirPlay Crunchyroll on Samsung TV
- Go here to sign up to join Crunchyroll.
- Get the Crunchyroll iPad and iPhone apps.
- Once you have installed the application, sign in to your account with your Crunchyroll credentials.
- Make sure that your Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPad or iPhone.
- Start playing the content on the Crunchyroll app, and then select AirPlay. AirPlay icon.
- Select the Samsung Smart TV, and it will display the content on your Smart TV.
If you own a compatible television and do not have AirPlay in the menu, ensure that you upgrade to the latest Samsung Smart TV firmware.
To know more, check out: How to enable Crunchyroll Dark Mode.
4. Using Streaming Device:
You can get Crunchyroll on your Samsung Smart TV with the help of Streaming devices like Amazon FireStick, Chromecast, Apple TV, and Roku. After connecting the streaming device to your Samsung TV HDMI port, you can bet to the default app store of the streaming device and downlaod the Crunchyroll app. To downlaod the app, you have to use the search icon to find the app on the respective app store and select the option to download the app. You can refer to Crunchyroll on Roku and Crunchyroll on Apple TV.
5. Use Screen Share:
With the advancements in technology today, mobile phones are a computer in your hands. Screen Share is a feature you can access on your phone. It’s usually within your settings for connectivity. If you’re using an iPhone, You will see it in the shortcuts section to locate the Bluetooth connectivity.
Screen share is quick and straightforward to utilize. The downside to this method is that it cannot connect to your mobile. It is possible to browse texts and social media, but you can’t play videos with your phone or be able to stream them onto your smart television. It is impossible to use scrolling on your smartphone without anyone watching what’s happening in certain situations.
6. Cast Through the Crunchyroll App:
Most streaming apps available on smartphones can project the video to your television. You can continue using your phone even while the app flows on the TV. It’s similar to Screen Share, except you don’t share your screen at all times using your Samsung Smart TV.
7. Attachment to Watch Through TV:
You can stream Crunchyroll via a TV attachment or console; however, only if they’re capable of connecting to the Internet. Here are some of the attachments you can utilize to access the streaming service for anime:
- Blu-Ray player or DVD player
- Gaming console
- HD phone connection
Blu-Ray or DVD Player:
Blu-ray and DVD players nowadays are connected to online services like the web. This is why you can download streaming services like Crunchyroll. However, not every device can download or limit the applications they can download. If it is not possible, then there are alternative streaming apps to integrate Crunchyroll as a channel. The applications are:
Gaming consoles such as PlayStations or Xbox connect to the Internet so that you can download apps for streaming services. Crunchyroll is among the apps you can download, so it shouldn’t be a problem finding it on your gaming console. Here are the gaming consoles which you could stream on Crunchyroll:
- PlayStation 4 and 5
- PlayStation 3
- Xbox 360
- PS Vita
- Wii U
Check out: How to Watch Crunchyroll on Ps5
HDMI Phone Connector:
If you cannot share your screen and casts, you could use an HDMI attachment to connect to your phone. They are great if you do not have internet access at your home but are connected to the Internet via your phone.
The downside to these accessories is connecting them to the electrical outlets. They won’t function in the absence of electrical power flowing to them, but they can charge your phone when it is connected—these kinds of attachments are on all types of phones and cost priced at less than $20.
Use Chrome Cast to Stream Crunchyroll on Samsung TV:
This is one of the casting devices on Google Chromecast, and it is used to cast anything from your PC or Smartphone to your Samsung Smart TV. You have to connect with a stable internet connection to your smartphone and Chromecast device to watch Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.
- Switch the Google Chromecast into the HDMI connector on your Smart TV.
- Install the Crunchyroll app from the Google Play store on your Smartphone.
- Then open the app and sign in with your account.
- After that, you have to select the movie or anime and click to play it.
- Next, you have to tap the Cast symbol and which will be located at the top right corner of the screen.
- And your smartphone will show the available devices near you. You have to select your device name from the list.
- Pair up the device, and finally, you have to watch movies on your Samsung smart tv with the help of Chromecast.
To watch Crunchyroll on a Samsung Smart TV through an Internet Browser:
In-built Samsung tv has an internet browser, so you have to use an Internet browser to watch Crunchyroll on Samsung tv.
- Tap to open the Browser and press the home button by using the remote controller.
- At the bottom app menu and you have to swipe right and search the internet browser. Select to open it.
- If it is open, then you have to enter Crunchyroll.com at the address bar.
- In the Website and following this, log in with your CR account.
- Once the site is logged in, then you have to watch Crunchyroll shows and movies on Samsung TV.
How to Sign Up for Crunchyroll on Samsung TV?
You need to have a Crunchyroll account to access its content on any device, including your Samsung Smart TV. If you have created an account on Crunchyroll and subscribed to any of its subscription plans, then go through the steps given,
- Here to sign up for Crunchyroll.
- Once you’ve signed in, you’ve signed up, head on to your Home Screen for Your Samsung Smart TV.
- Open the app store and look up “Crunchyroll” for the Samsung Smart TV.
- Choose “Add home” to download the application.
- After installation, sign in to your account with the Crunchyroll credentials.
- Now you can play Crunchyroll via Samsung Smart TV.
When watching anime online, Crunchyroll is among the handful of apps. Also, it is one of the most extensive anime libraries that offers content in High Definition. There are many ways to stream your favorite anime and films on Crunchyroll. You can pick the best one for you and your home.
With your mobile phone, you can watch it almost everywhere on any TV but not only on the Samsung Smart TV. If you habitually watch them on the big screen, you wouldn’t prefer smartphones. That’s when Crunchyroll enrolled it for the Samsung TV. You can watch Crunchyroll on your gaming console too.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Crunchyroll App on Samsung Smart TV?
The Crunchyroll app cannot be found on the Samsugn Smart TV app store. You can get the app by using the Crunchyroll-supported streaming devices app stores. You can have these streaming devices connected to your Samsung TV HDMI port and watch Crunchyroll.
Is Crunchyroll Free?
Yes, you can watch Crunchyroll for free but with ads. If you want to go ad-free, then subscribe to any one of the three memberships offered by Crunchyroll.
Where Can I Watch all Anime?
Crunchyroll is the best place to watch all the Anime there is, with updates much faster than other anime streaming services. You can also watch Crunchyroll’s original anime content, like God of High School, Tower of God, and more.